Information relating to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, please know that we remain committed to providing you with the exceptional experience and service you expect from Hertz.
We are in communication with relevant authorities regarding coronavirus (Covid-19), and we are taking all necessary precautionary measures in order to protect our clients, employees and suppliers, as well as contributing to the interruption of the transmission chain.
- The Company follows thorough cleaning procedures for each vehicle after every rental.
- Specific guidelines have been issued by the company’s management to all employees involved in the process of vehicle delivery and collection for prevention and protection against Coronavirus based on the relevant authorities’ directions.
- All of our branches are equipped with antibacterial material (gel) which is available to all customers.
- In the event of a coronavirus affected client or employee involved in the day-to-day vehicle procedures and operations, the company has set up a process for immediate disinfection of the vehicle and facility, as well as proceeding with the relevant medical inspection of all employees that have been involved in the renting procedure.
- In addition, a Crisis Management plan has been organized in the event of a Coronavirus incident in the Company's Head Offices and branches.
FAQs regarding my reservation
What if my plans change due to Coronavirus and the recent travel restrictions imposed by the Government of the Republic of Cyprus?
We know customers need greater flexibility to manage the constantly changing environment we are currently dealing with. Here are a few recent changes we have made to help you.
- If you need to return your vehicle to a different location, we will waive any drop off charge.
What happens if I am required to self-isolate or I am quarantined following relevant authorities’ orders and cannot return a vehicle?
If this happens, please contact the location and avoid contact with the vehicle and the keys. We will arrange to collect the vehicle from a nominated address.
What if I have contracted the virus and in possession of a Hertz / Firefly vehicle?
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you please notify the location that you picked-up the car, as soon as possible.
What if I am in a restricted location due to COVID-19 and I cannot return the car?
In that case, please avoid contact with the vehicle and keys and contact a Hertz office. We will arrange to collect the vehicle as soon as the restricted location allows us or you will return the car to one of our locations accordingly.
Is there a limitation in the number of passengers allowed in a vehicle?
According to current directives of the Republic of Cyprus there are not any restrictions regarding the number of passengers allowed. The number of passengers remains the one mentioned in the car’s license.
Regarding the cleanliness & hygiene of our cars
Are you cleaning your cars any differently? Have any of your operational protocols changed?
The Company follows thorough cleaning procedures for each vehicle after every rental. Specific guidelines have been issued by the company’s management to all employees involved in the process of vehicle delivery and collection for prevention and protection against coronavirus based on the relevant authorities’ directions.
How are cars cleaned if a renter is a confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19?
We have implemented new cleaning protocols that include removing the vehicle from circulation and disinfecting through a third party in the case where a customer is suspected or known to have COVID-19.